Dewalt Planer

Chet

I was unpacking and assembling my DW 735 x planer.  I noticed something that I am not sure is correct or needs to be adjusted.  With the extension tables in place, if I take a strait edge and lay it across the extensions and bed of the planer in the same direction as you would run stock through, there is a gap between the strait edge and the bed of the planer.  In other words looking at the planer from the side, the table and extensions are not flat, it is bowed up from end to end.  The extensions are flush with the bed but the out side edges are raised.  The extensions look like they can be adjusted but before I do that I thought I would ask the experts here.  I did not see anything addressing this in the  manual.  And I didn't know if they were set this way to help with snipe.  This is my first trip down the planer road with a machine of this quality.

Almost posted on the wrong tool. Sorry if you saw that, should not post eating dinner. Many counteract snipe by lifting on entry and exit in the same manner your tables are sloped. The cutter rides above and so do the feed rollers. On entry and exit you are only contacting one feed roller. Try running a piece through to verify how this specific tool cuts, but do not panic just yet. Things might be just fine.

C Shaffer - Yea I wasn't in any panic yet.  You know some times you do stupid stuff like fixing something that was supposed to be that way.  AND THEN you have to fix that.  I was going to run a piece but I thought I would ask first.  Both you guys said basically the same so we will give it a test the way it is and go from there.  Thank you two.

C Shaffer - Yea I wasn't in any panic yet.  You know some times you do stupid stuff like fixing something that was supposed to be that way.  AND THEN you have to fix that.  I was going to run a piece but I thought I would ask first.  Both you guys said basically the same so we will give it a test the way it is and go from there.  Thank you two.

It's what we do!  Good luck!   You will have snipe, but it will be a lot closer to the end of the piece, so when you cut for project, allow  a few inches of extra for off cuts and those can be used for testing stain, finish, Etc: