Band saw help

chubologist

I am assembling a small work shop in my tiny garage and I really want a band saw but my shop is to small for a big band saw so what I am asking is has anyone used one of this smaller 9"-10" band saws and how do they perform I'm not really making that big of stuff just mostly a hobby but I don't want to waste unnecessary money if they aren't worth it

They work, I had a cheap delta 9" or 10" that worked great for scroll type work, I even did a little resawing through 3" wide walnut and it was ok, but like wtn said, they aren't made for that sort of work. I think you'll be happy as long as you understand it's limitations. Would a 14" on a mobile base be out of the question? I have one in my shop and honestly it doesn't take up much room.

Ps, if you have a menards store in your area, check out the masterforce 10". It's a rikon clone, and from what I can tell from looking at it in the store it looks really solid, my 14" is a masterforce brand and it's been a good tool, it's identical to all the other cast frame bandsaws from the major manufacturers.