Martial Arts Belt display

Chet

My daughter asked me if I could make a display rack for my two grand kid's martial arts belts.  I searched the internet to see what they looked like and was kind of un-inspired.  If you do a google search you will see what I mean, most are just slates with black elastic bands to hold the belts in place.  I thought about it for months and then came up with this idea.  These are not finished yet because I was trying to decide whether to just put a clear finish on them or do a stain first.  They are made out of Cherry, mostly scraps that I had left over from a bed I made a couple of years ago for my grand son.

Also I will be adding an acrylic panel at the top of each with their name engraved in it and will mount them with stand offs that will have it "floating" about a half an inch away from the wood.  It took me so long to come up with an idea I liked the my grand son almost has enough belts to fill the large section luckily I still had enough wood to make the two smaller ones to add on with some kind of hooks.  I actually think this might make it look nicer in that it will break it up a bit instead of a long thin design.

post-15968-0-54232000-1422218575_thumb.j

Now those are way cool.....  What's the cabinet beneath them?  What I see is very nicely done!

That is my combination out feed and assembly table.  I had posted that here back in september.  Here is the link - 

\

Yea, Thanks, that is exactly what I am going to do.  Watco hadn't crossed my mind, I used it on two jewelry boxes I made for my grand daughters a few years back out of Bocote and I really liked how they came out.  Thank you Steve!

2nd floor, feel free to copy, I have no problem with that.  RichardA  The clamps are no longer there.  My wife gave me a bunch of parallel clamps for Christmas so I have since built a mobile clamp cart for all of my clamps.