Bowed ply in carcasses?

Vyrolan

I'm building some simple shelving units for my daughter's playroom, and since they're going to be painted anyway, I'm just using all ply.   I broke down the sheets and routed my dadoes as accurately as I could (measuring and measuring and checking and re-checking) so everything is pretty much within 1/32nd of perfect.  However, some of my ply pieces that are the shelves have a bit of a bow in them.  

How should I deal with this beyond "don't use ply with a bow"?   Should I have designed it with a face frame to help hold the pieces straight and square?  Fortunately for this particular piece the shelves will have vertical dividers (making square units for those fabric boxes), so installing those will help eliminate the bows in the horizontal shelves, but if this was just going to be an open bookcase, it would be a problem.  I guess I want to know what I should do better for next time.

Edge banding helps, 3mm is usually plenty. We cut it edge band it and stack it long before it gets used so its always flat.

Interesting. I wouldnt have thought just a 3mm edge banding would have any impact on keeping it flat.

Yea storing flat would help...all my sheet goods are stored on edge leaning up against things due to my lack of room. Even if I build some storage it will still store them vertically. I guess I should have planned for some banding or a full-on face frame. Well now I know for next time. =p

I also store sheet goods vertically on edge. But I try to get them as vertical as possible with a hook on the top edge secured to a wall to prevent topple. I also raise them on wooden blocks off the floor.

But I've also found that using a couple of quick clamps to clamp several sheets together helps keep them flat and true.

Interesting. I wouldnt have thought just a 3mm edge banding would have any impact on keeping it flat.

Yea storing flat would help...all my sheet goods are stored on edge leaning up against things due to my lack of room. Even if I build some storage it will still store them vertically. I guess I should have planned for some banding or a full-on face frame. Well now I know for next time. =p

Think about it this way with sheet goods storage. You know that all panels need to be balanced. Works the same way with storage. If your bottom panel is exposed on one side with humidity it will warp same with the top panel. So if you have some nice flat panels you want sacrificial panels on the bottom and top of your stacks. We put all our panels on steel skids 50 high but irregardless the top and bottom panels are always garbage.