Hello from West Kentucky

Tim Kohl

Been visiting this forum for about 8 months now and would like to thank everyone for the information I have absorbed during that time. Been working in wood (not a woodworker yet) for < 1 year and have realized it will not be an easy journey but will a be fun one. There is so much to learn.

Have been hesitant to submit pictures, about like being old and fat and taking shirt off in public. Purchased Stowes book on boxes and watched most Marc's videos they were the design inspiration for most of what I have made: so here goes:

post-15563-0-13759600-1422721160_thumb.jpost-15563-0-44471100-1422721180_thumb.jpost-15563-0-13759600-1422721160_thumb.jpost-15563-0-61521000-1422721207_thumb.j

have made several frames and other small items but have given them all away:}.

As a closing note will probably join TWW guild soon. The teaching process Marc uses is very good and I need that.

post-15563-0-64297000-1422721235_thumb.j

• Like 2

Uhh....depends. I know that there is a sizeable commercial mill in that area, which most likely does not do retail business. There is also a hobby sawyer in Hornbeak, who I have purchased from. His stuff is dirt cheap, but air dried only, and not the best looking stuff I've ever seen. But who can argue the price? He has a CL ad right now, with walnut for $0.85 / bf.

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/mat/4811276326.html

He was very careful to measure accurate boad feet, and gave me the benefit if there were real defects in the board. I have almost depleted my stash, may need to visit him again soon, but I'd like to get my hands on some cherry....

West Ky is like a separate state all State money goes to golden triangle Frankfort Louisville and Lexington lol

Uhh....depends. I know that there is a sizeable commercial mill in that area, which most likely does not do retail business. There is also a hobby sawyer in Hornbeak, who I have purchased from. His stuff is dirt cheap, but air dried only, and not the best looking stuff I've ever seen. But who can argue the price? He has a CL ad right now, with walnut for $0.85 / bf.

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/mat/4811276326.html

He was very careful to measure accurate boad feet, and gave me the benefit if there were real defects in the board. I have almost depleted my stash, may need to visit him again soon, but I'd like to get my hands on some cherry....

I paid 4 /bf for kiln dried chery F&S