Ellen's Design Challenge

wtnhighlander

Blacksmith just isn't a furniture designer. I wasn't a big fan of any of those couches. Cowboy put steel arms on a couch, no thank you. He called it mid century but it was blatantly 70's futuristic or future modern. Blacksmith's couch had a 90 degree back to seat, didn't look very comfortable. Crayon definitely had the best couch this week. Gaspar's couch looked nice in the space but the judges were right about the arms being painful if you lean against them.

• Like 1

Blacksmith just isn't a furniture designer. I wasn't a big fan of any of those couches. Cowboy put steel arms on a couch, no thank you. He called it mid century but it was blatantly 70's futuristic or future modern. Blacksmith's couch had a 90 degree back to seat, didn't look very comfortable. Crayon definitely had the best couch this week. Gaspar's couch looked nice in the space but the judges were right about the arms being painful if you lean against them.

I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about.

When they said they were going to have to use salvaged material I thought maybe Gaspar had a chance against the evil forces of the crayon but once she found the stack of acrylic it was all over.  Gaspar's table looked pretty awkward from the front.  I think it would have looked better if he'd turned the legs the other way around so the straight side was on the outside. 

Tim's piece was really cool though I think it might have worked better as a bar.  He really goes to show that the key to these time based things isn't to get yourself in a super rush to get started building something really complicated.  Stop and get a really solid idea before you cut anything.

When they said they were going to have to use salvaged material I thought maybe Gaspar had a chance against the evil forces of the crayon but once she found the stack of acrylic it was all over.  Gaspar's table looked pretty awkward from the front.  I think it would have looked better if he'd turned the legs the other way around so the straight side was on the outside. 

Tim's piece was really cool though I think it might have worked better as a bar.  He really goes to show that the key to these time based things isn't to get yourself in a super rush to get started building something really complicated.  Stop and get a really solid idea before you cut anything.

I HATE ACRYLIC! Katie drives me nuts. Tim's got solid all around designs and good execution. I also like that they are showing more of the process now. 

Anyone notice that the weaver fairies apparently finished crayon girl's chair seat during the night?

I call shennanigans!

I think they play up the time limit for tv but in reality they want finished pieces and don't care that much about it.

Meanwhile on Framework... Jory falters but is saved by everyone's hatred of Rahil, who I thought had a better piece than either Jory or Jason.  Honestly I'm questioning whether the whole thing with the Jory walking away and the guy cutting the log wrong right up to him being in the bottom was scripted. 

Honestly I'm questioning whether the whole thing with the Jory walking away and the guy cutting the log wrong right up to him being in the bottom was scripted.

Nah... Jory has consistently trusted his teammates in team situations...often to his detriment as happened here. Remember previously with him and BK where they even had to redo the whole section because BK messed it up and then still Joey trusted him on the dowel which BK promptly messed up as well. I really think that's just who he is...

Nah... Jory has consistently trusted his teammates in team situations...often to his detriment as happened here. Remember previously with him and BK where they even had to redo the whole section because BK messed it up and then still Joey trusted him on the dowel which BK promptly messed up as well. I really think that's just who he is...

Jory is a competent hard worker with a touch of social awkwardness who probably can't fathom that others can be incompetent or not be able to follow simple instruction.

Well there's a difference between assuming a basic level of competence in someone you must work with and being there when the log is being cut where there may be something unexpected encountered beyond the sawyer understanding what he wanted.  It just struck me as very strange that he left and his story for leaving kept changing.