Ellen's Design Challenge

wtnhighlander

Exactly.

And this one. http://www.batcow.co.uk/images/miscellaneous/cow%20table.jpg.

Both of these are nicer than hers. Plaster? Who covers a table leg with plaster? Oh, the same person who makes a table leg out of pvc pipe. That is so dorm-room.

I'm really hoping that it was scripted just because the viewers were so split on how much each contestant was liked. For instance, the real woodworkers and designers liked Tim, whereas the hipster chic disposable society liked Katie and her plastic furniture that she didn't build. 

There's a reason nobody else made the acrylic crap Katie made. That reason is because acrylic is garbage material useful for templates and pen blanks. 

• Like 1

That was one bizarre ending to a show. The editing was terrible. I thought my dvr skipped forward and I missed them building? I think originality is very difficult item to achieve unless you make it a desk of bubble gum and legs from lolly pops. as you guys pointed out the cow desk has been done before but that look wasn't here intent at the beginning, it kind of morphed into that. I didn't care if she could build or not as it was a "design" challenge not a builders challenge. Isn't that why they were all given assistance from a carpenter? An architect can design a building but he needs a contractor to build it is how I look at it.

I hope the show comes back though because I crave shows that require creativity and execution and having furniture as the medium is awesome! Now I am off to wayfair to buy me one of those pvc , Purple Heart acrylic desks (not)

Oh, it's over? Good. Can't believe you guys made it all the way through. I lasted one episode.

Disposable TV for a disposable society. I'm gonna go lay down because I'm nauseous thinking about it.

Cow table. :rolleyes:

^^ GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Lol, I love your frank opinions, Eric.

Anyone see Tim's interview with Ellen yesterday. Perfectly reasonable explanation for his "non-original" design choice. He was very gracious about the whole thing. Glad it's over now, even though there was some really cool furniture produced. I liked that the show carried an air of friendly competition, with contestants helping each other out at times, I'm just not a big fan of Ellen Degeneres.

Gotta say that Framework is the extreme opposite. Everything I saw there was negative and cut throat. And the judges all look like they really need an Ex-Lax.

I don't know the guy and you never know what's inside another person but he seems smart enough that if he intended to copy the other piece he would have made enough changes to not draw direct comparisons (or maybe not, I learned long ago that you can't judge a book by it's cover). As it is, it's so similar to the European designer they really had no choice but to DQ Tim. Even if they had the same idea in isolation, his design is not original and violates the rules. I liked the show, not because of Ellen, or because of building content but I like inspiration and seeing creativity. Shame that Framework had to take the low road but it's Spike, so did we expect any different.

The last episode of Framework the builders were all talking to each other during the build.  They just chose to show it this time to give Lacey the "loser edit" and make her look clueless.  The show is tolerable if you skip over all the nonsense in the loft and just watch when they are actually building.

I missed the last episode of Framework. It didn't show up in my guide and the DVR didn't record it. And for whatever reason the Spike website won't play past the first commercial break. When I try to access on my phone, I get an error that videos only work on IOS6. Good job Spike, you are equally incompetent on web and television. Suppose I should be thankful they are saving me from watching but I was curious what over complicated mechanisms they would come up with for a desk.

• Like 1