New to the forum

bm3324

I have enjoyed reading and learning from all the experts on this site. Thank you for being willing to share your wisdom and expertise! I have gleaned a lot just in the past few days. I have taken up this hobby in my one car garage and have filled it pretty full already. The one thing that I have to share that I really have enjoyed most about learning this skill is that you think differently when you have the tools to build stuff. Recently a lamp shade broke in my house due to the lamp tipping over. I was taking it off heading to go throw it away and then I started thinking of ways to repair it. So I cut out the old metal frame and in about an hour and a half I had my solution and lampshade back in place (and a happy wife). I was pretty proud to have fixed it (actually even better than before) and it's pleasing that I didn't have to toss it in the trash and go to the store. 

post-17096-0-72618700-1423247998_thumb.j

post-17096-0-68256100-1423248012_thumb.j

post-17096-0-05294200-1423248020_thumb.j

Welcome! That's a nice fix! Are those sliding dados on the blocks that attach to the shade?

I'm not quite sure what a sliding dado is, but I think the answer is yes because the I made the arms somewhat adjustable so that I could assemble it easier. Thanks for the compliment. :)