Putting an offer

bushwacked

Well the wife an I are putting an offer down on a house. Sadly there are multiple offers and the seller wants all offers in by Sunday and then he will decide. So should know by Monday I think. Perfect family home and best part is its a 3 car garage!!

So hopefully I get some good ol north Texas luck and we win the battle.

The housing market must be better there than it is here, that is one outstanding place or the price is very right, in order to get several people willing to run the price up instead of down.

Yes it is thriving at the moment. It came on the market yesterday

==>best part is its a 3 car garage!!

No. No. No. No.... There was a mistake in the listing... Tell you wife it's a 600sqft shop and single car garage... :)

Haha. You're right I played that all wrong

Good luck!!!! My wife and I are waiting for the bid to come on a new home we want to build. 4 car garage but only two stalls for her and she's ok with it. We have to wait because of the shop(garage) I want the traditional 3rd stall the depth of the house so that stall will be 44' X 20'.

Can you say BOOYA?!

Wow Doc that does sound like an awesome garage shop!! Hopefully your bid comes through in the range you want!

Ya it's so tough down here our realtor told us to write a note to the homeowner telling how we liked the house and how we could see our family growing it and all that. It's crazy how competitive things are.

God luck to you. Hopefully the note will help.

Thanks. Hopefully it will

Good luck to both of you. How ecxciting! And both sound like some great shop space, so you'll have to share how the shops come out.

Yes definitely if we get the house I will be sharing the garage build since I will need some help

Good luck to you and the wife , hope you get it .

Thanks!!

Good luck man.  You never know what will happen...we went six months on a house we were selling with no offers, then we got two on the same day.  We took the best one obviously...the contract fell through a week later and had lost the other buyers by then.  How's that for bad luck?

In 2000 when the market here in MN was insane my neighbors were getting written outrageous offers on their houses that weren't even for sale. We got 20k more than we were asking for.

Yep! We took it!

Oh wow. I bet that was easy to say yes to then

Good luck man. You never know what will happen...we went six months on a house we were selling with no offers, then we got two on the same day. We took the best one obviously...the contract fell through a week later and had lost the other buyers by then. How's that for bad luck?

Dang that is rough! Financing and stuff is messy stuff.

Not all Realtors are bad, I know quite a few of them and some can be pretty laid back and very helpful. Others can be pushy cause all they want is the commission

I agree. I think we got very lucky with our realtor. We went through USAA and they assigned her to us. She has been great! She will walk the house with us and point out the flaws we may not see or know to look for and then explain why they are bad or possibly could be bad. She's even told us not to think about putting offers on a couple cause she knew deep down we would of just been settling on the house and not getting what we really wanted. She has never been pushy to us and trying to just make a difference yuck commission. We have seen about 10 houses so far and she's still just as nice and patient as house 1.

So far it's been a good experience. Although we did not get the house and someone came in with a huge offer and promised to pay cash for the leftovers if the house did not appraise for what they offered. So we lost out on that one.

The search continues.

Real estate in the toronto area is bananas too. A friend put an offer in on a house in pickering, and there were 12 offers. She bid 30 g over asking, and the place needed some work! Insane!

We sold out home last July, and it was quite easy to sell (even though it was a rural property). We lost 3 houses before we bought the one we live in, and it turned out great in the end as this was the nicest of all the homes we looked at. Selling is easy, buying is hard!

Every house I have bought has been on land contract, I so have not dealt with realtors much, 4 houses and a old car dealership to date. I have never bought anything mainstream, or move in ready but I was very surprised when we neared completion on the new house and I was contacted by a couple realtors wanting to know if I was interested in selling. I was shocked to say the least since it is in the middle of a little town surrounded by 70-125 year old houses with values that pale in comparison. I said I was not really interested and I knew for a fact that my wife was not going to give up her new house after what we had just went through. I said I may consider selling if someone was will it go replacement cost, there was no way I would sell it at fair market value, the guys response was, let me know if you can talk the wife into it.

In this market, a seller could easily cut out the agent and sell privately. Buyers are lining up in the burbs and throwing money at sellers. The only thing a seller really needs is a lsiting, which is about 500 bucks here in ontario I believe. Other sites like "property guys" do well too.

The thing is the property has to be nice, the house next door to me has been vacant for several years and the city demolished the house across the street, it had been foreclosed on and the bank never done anything with it. After my house burnt and I started tearing it down I tried to buy it only to find some house flipper had bought in in the tax sale for $1000.00, sitting a very large claim for reconstruction and since that is what I do, I went to the house flipper and offered him 10K for a house he just bought for 1K so I could tear it down, have a bigger yard and 1 less neighbor. The offer was rejected and he commenced to dump a truck load of time and money in the house thinking he was in for huge profits. Its been a year and the house sits for sale by owner and empty, HA HA dumbass. 

• Like 2