Taller vase

Bombarde16

This is fun to watch !

Go big or go home ! Sometimes Ya just gotta push the limits. Even a spectacular failure is an experience you will never forget.

I have faith you can pull it off, even if you have to patch some torn or chipped Spruce !

It should look good displayed in your home, dusting it could be a challenge.

Top third just about done. Middle third is going to be a tight squeeze, turning away all the flats to get a nice curve while still leaving myself some thickness in the wall. Probably should have given myself more of a margin in dimensioning those pieces.

a3c3a42708b0f4e493615650f5ce8c87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is a very cool idea, I like the way it is turning out (LOL), all those sharp corners look like finger bitters to me, be careful finishing.

It'll never hold water so you may as well put the lights in it, places like Autozone have some very cool LED strips and spot lights in assorted colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Great results and a very good photo as well !

Shot it in a spare office room.  The church wants to get into v-logging, so they just sprang for a pair of softboxes, which I have flanking the vase.  There's a piece of glass on the table which I pulled out of the garbage.  Lastly, there's a remote flash blasting at the wall behind the vase.

• Like 1