Safe finshes for inside of Poultry Incubator

kayakfish

Hello I am new to the finishes that are safe for animals and humans alike. I am building a Hatcher for my chicken eggs and using Maple Cabinet Grade Plywood to build it. I know I can finish the outside with no issues but I need a finish on the inside that wont have fumes that make my baby chicks sick or die. I also want to use a finish that will be able to handle 100 degree heat with humidity of 50% - 75%, and be able to sanitize it after each hatch. I was told by a few folks that I can use the MinWax Polyacrylic inside with no issues is this true?

post-17167-0-57776200-1423584155_thumb.j

post-17167-0-81690300-1423584163_thumb.j

I would check with your county extension agent or the Agriculture department. I built a hatchery / display area for a Agriculture fair years ago. I remember we painted it white inside and out. Pretty sure I used a waterbourne finish.

If you don't find a definitive answer I would finish w a water bourne , let it sit and cure for several days at temperature then clean it before you put eggs/ chicks in it.