Desk lamp

CT Proctor

Nice job! Did the electical parts come as an actual kit, or something you pieced together yourself? If a kit, who sells them?

Bought a lamp kit off of Amazon and an additional piece of lamp pipe. I epoxied the lamp pipe into the spindle and attached the socket and harp to that.

http://www.amazon.com/Angelo-Brothers-70268-Make--Socket/dp/B00004WL10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423750794&sr=8-1&keywords=3-way+Lamp+kit

looks nice thinking of making some lamps for my new house how did  you bore out the center of the lamp for the hardware?

Bought an 18" long 3/8 drill bit and chucked into the tail stock. I then routed a small channel on bottom of base for the cord and covered with felt. If you make some come and get the bit.

Bought an 18" long 3/8 drill bit and chucked into the tail stock. I then routed a small channel on bottom of base for the cord and covered with felt. If you make some come and get the bit.

Don't sell or give away that 18" bit! Keep it you never know when you might need a long bit for other uses.

I have a 12" long 5/16" drill bit that I've used to re-route phone and cable and speaker wires around the house by drilling through the floor or a wall several times in the past. As well as for table lamps and other projects.

I'm kind of a drill bit nut and have sets of various styles as well as a few "specialty" bits that I keep around. They don't take up much room and most of the time when I run into a particular problem with making holes, I can make do with a bit that I've only used two or three times before, BUT I'VE GOT IT! :)

Rog

• Like 2

Didn't say I was giving Dan the bit, he lives reasonably close and has borrowed stuff in the past and has always returned it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I totally misunderstood your statement and again put my foot in my mouth (instead of on the work bench like other people).

I thought that you meant that you had no more use for such a long bit and was willing to sell or give it away.  

My bad.

Rog

maybe ill return it muhahahahaha.

i bought a long bit like that for hollowing out a urn a few months back.  i mounted it in a handle so that i can manually control the depth of my piece as i had it turn on my lathe. but its epoxy into the handle so if i need it ill give you a ring.