Going to NYC this weekend

HunterL

Go and get the best pizza ever from the first pizzeria in the USA. Lombardi's on Spring St and Mott St in Little Italy. While you're in Little Italy, hit up a cafe and get a cappuccino and a cannoli. You could always take the ferry to Ellis Island and go on a tour, or hit one of the museums. If you're gonna do anything though, get that pizza!

Vinny will vouch for how amazing it is.

3360304144_c733dabec0.jpg

• Like 1

Go and get the best pizza ever from the first pizzeria in the USA. Lombardi's on Spring St and Mott St in Little Italy. While you're in Little Italy, hit up a cafe and get a cappuccino and a cannoli. You could always take the ferry to Ellis Island and go on a tour, or hit one of the museums. If you're gonna do anything though, get that pizza!

Vinny will vouch for how amazing it is.

3360304144_c733dabec0.jpg

Alrighty, I'll take your advice! I'll post back how it is! So much food to choose from! I'm staying a block from Grand Central, looking forward to some great food.

Alrighty, I'll take your advice! I'll post back how it is! So much food to choose from! I'm staying a block from Grand Central, looking forward to some great food.

I grew up in NYC. Moved out of there when I was 23. Also, keep in mind there will more than likely be a 20 minute or so wait to get into Lombardi's depending on what time you go.

I grew up in NYC. Moved out of there when I was 23. Also, keep in mind there will more than likely be a 20 minute or so wait to get into Lombardi's depending on what time you go.

Okay, thanks. since I'm staying right next to Grand Central, any places right around there you would suggest?

Gugenheim

The Art Museum

Museum of Sex

Museum of Modern Art

Central Park

Get a compost cookie at Momufuku Milk Bar

Eat a Grandma Pie at Gotham Pizza (if it's still there)

Get a bagel at Bagel Works (66th and 1st)

I also second walking the Brooklyn Bridge.  Skip the Roosevelt Island tram....I used to live under it.

Actually....before you do any of that...get SOUP DUMPLINGS at Joe's Shanghi.

You could look up Freddie. I believe he's out in Long Island. He could show you the fine art of building radiator covers. :D

Jesus, I've built other stuff you know.  :lol:

Honestly, I am terrible at pointing people in the direction of places to go. Definitely give the street cart food a try, especially halal and the peanut stands. Oh, and gotta have a NYC dog. Im not going to give you a list of touristy things to do because it's just not in my blood, and I try to avoid touristy things as much as possible. Plus, I don't know where anything is.  :blink:

If you are a dog person the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is in NYC this weekend. The main shows are on Monday and Tuesday at Piers 92 and 94 during the day, Madison Square Garden in the evening, but exhibitors are already in town. Kind of a hoot to walk around the lobby of the Hotel Pennsylvania (where many of the dog people stay) to see the different breeds coming and going.

• Like 1

If you are a dog person the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is in NYC this weekend. The main shows are on Monday and Tuesday at Piers 92 and 94 during the day, Madison Square Garden in the evening, but exhibitors are already in town. Kind of a hoot to walk around the lobby of the Hotel Pennsylvania (where many of the dog people stay) to see the different breeds coming and going.

My wife would love that. We leave noon on Monday, anything dog related before that you think? Preferably tomorrow

My wife would love that. We leave noon on Monday, anything dog related before that you think? Preferably tomorrow

The finals of the Agility competition is this evening. I don't think there is any organized competition on Sunday. Here is info:

2nd Annual Masters Agility Championship at Westminster

The Westminster Kennel Club is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Masters Agility Championship presented by Purina Pro Plan. This thrilling event will be held on Saturday February 14, 2015. Preliminary rounds will take place from 8 AM - 4 PM and finals will begin at 7 PM. The event will be staged at Pier 94 located at 711 12th Ave. (55th St. and the West Side Hwy.) in New York City.

FYI, the Hotel Pennsylvania that I mentioned is across the street from Madison Square Garden / Penn Station. Because so many dog people stay there they have a room set up for vendors of dog related stuff.

For other touristy stuff I recommend the Empire State Building, take the elevator to the viewing area at the top. Dress warmly, it is outdoors. For breakfast and lunch dining pop into any of the non-descript looking local places. I find NYC's reputation of being impersonal to be undeserved. We would usually eat breakfast at the same little cafe. They were friendly on the first day, recognized us the second day and on the third day they welcomed us as regulars. I love NY, and bought a mug that says so. :)