Table saw @$&@&$$&

weithman5

I had noticed some flaws in my cuts and decided to tune my saw. I never have. It is a ridged contractor saw I bought from had several years ago. The blade/motor assembly is mounted to the table with four screws. I of course just sheared my 3/16 hex driver in one. So now I have to drill it/screw extractor it. It is about 15 degrees in my garage so screw it till it gets warm

the nut on the bottom is a rectangle. it is held from turning by part of the casting.  the screw anchors from on top of the saw it sets in a countersink. it is driven by a 3/16 inch hex.  i was using a 3/16 hex driver attached to my ratchet and the driver part sheared off.  low.  but enough above the table that it will interfere with a work piece. there is nothing to grab with a vise grip.  i should be able to drill it out and use a screw extractor.  it is mostly just that it pithed me off. Of course if i can't get it out with the screw extractor, then i will just cry until i get what i want.

if you just need to bring the table and blade into alignment you might be able to do it by loosening the remaining 3 screws and using the broken one as your pivot point.

the problem is that the sheared part of the hex is stuck in the screw, just above the table surface but not enough to grab on to with a vice.

You could also check the Ridgid web-site for an authorized repair place. The one close to me did a great job fixxing a non-covered repair on my table saw while I waited.

$16 plus $9 for the part. It was worth it to me 'cause my shop is as cold as yours, sucks don't it.

i hadn't thought of looking for a repair shop. yes the cold sucks. 

i will look in to either of these if i can not just drill and pull the screw. really should (finges crossed) be difficult. i am just going to wait a week or two for a little above freezing weather