My new router table

rmartuszewski

Hello, name is Robert

I am new to wood working, and still trying to get all the tools and build my garage into a shop.

Medically retired from the Army (Infantry) a little over a year ago. From injuries sustained in Iraq and Afghanistan. So living on a disability pay is not easy, even less so when married with two teenage daughters. 

I can't afford all the nice tools Marc has lol, nor close to it. I have to make my own mostly.

So here is my router table. It is still no where near done, as I get to spend $20-$40 bucks a month on whatever I want, I have to do it in stages. One day it will have drawers and be faced with nice wood.

I got these Aluminum extrusion rails from a company that is a DIY CNC build type thing called Openbuilds. They sell all the rail dirt cheap, and are V-slots. V-slots accept all T-slot type stuff, but can also take their wheels and jigs for rolling type fixtures.  They cost me $62 with shipping. Long one is 1000mm, two short ones are 500mm.

Table is 24" x 49"

Here are some pics.

post-17161-0-60186600-1424372944_thumb.j

post-17161-0-72148200-1424372964_thumb.j