Table top

mrrhode04

Here is a table top that I just finished, it will be used as a small dining room table for a eat in kitchen. The legs are going to be metal adjustable legs. It will be at bar height most of the year and lowered to normal table height a couple times a year when the in-laws come in to town and one of them is in a wheel chair.

post-16393-0-08358800-1424446083_thumb.j

Really like the live edge detail.

My only criticism would be that the grain of the different boards seems to be going all over the place. Some people are into that, I prefer to try and make the grain seem more harmonious when gluing up tops and other highly visible pieces. I hope you don't mind me saying so.

I don't have a problem with you saying that, I completely understand that and for the most part agree with that. After I sell this house I will be building a large dining room table that will have more attention paid to the grain, this was a quick fix to a small space in this house. Plus the fiancee loves it so I guess that is all that matters....right?