Shop pics of an evening/weekend hobbyist

BrandonD

Thanks guys. It's a nice place to be. I'm in IT and have found woodworking to be the creative hands-on outlet I need. 

That's one impressive shop! It looks like you have all the big tools purchased. What's next on the list? I ask because the list never ends.

I am building the split-top roubo bench now. That's what the lumber on the ground is for, and the vise hardware on the outfeed table. you guys want to follow along. There's actually a couple others starting now or soon in there too.

The only "big" tool I still want (for now!) is a drum sander. I need to figure out the logistics of how I'd use it first. I can't think of anywhere that I'd be able to have it setup permanently, so that leaves putting it on a mobile base and also figuring out how I can easily/quickly tap into my DC ductwork. Speaking of that, I need to modify the ductwork and put a drop on the wall with the lathe and disc/belt sander. I'm sure that will be fun.

Of course there are smaller tools that I want to get into as time goes on... I don't have much in the way of hand tools right now. 

Sweet shop!!

How do you like your grizzly jointer? What model?

It's one of my used CL finds, I bought it off a guy along with the planer for a steal. I have the G0490 and upgraded from an old 6" small jointer. Love the 8" capacity, long bed (6'), and the parallelogram setup. No complaints other than of course it's not a bigger jointer  ;)

What is the tall square thing by the door ?

That is the last thing I've not managed to get expelled from my shop... a shoe rack. You'd wonder why my wife and kid would need it since they just leave their shoes on the ground, but it turns out they have a lot of "outside" shoes that they use enough to need at hand (read: once in a blue moon, when their other pairs on the ground are missing.)  :lol:

Great shop!!  Very neat and well arranged.  And a nice stack off lumber!  What's on the drawing board??

The split top roubo build is first and it's what that lumber is destined for. I want to build a rolling cabinet/stand thingy for my miter saw to reduce its footprint a bit and catch most of the dust that gets dumped on my sheet goods. Then a few smaller shop improvements... I need to mount the grinder and sharpening jigs to the other side of the flip top stand I have made for my Rigid sander, make a rack for lathe tools on the side of the cabinet of drawers that my big belt/disc sander is on, run a DC drop to that wall for that sander & lathe, put a mobile base on my bandsaw, etc... the list never ends  :)

Nice shop Brandon! Looks like you have everything very well laid out. What size is you garage?

Thanks. It is about 19x20 ish with a tad above 8' ceilings.