Scraps, Cutoffs and Lots of Snow

7+ inches of snow outside. Food is hard to come by for birds and squirrels. Spent 20 minutes building a crude enclosure to hold some wild life food for squirrels and birds. It's corn and sunflower seeds. Used some scraps and cutoffs from my cabinet build. It's nothing fancy, but I don't think the squirrels really care about joinery. The doves however may care about the dovetails, or lack thereof.

IMAG2787.jpg

IMAG2792.jpg

IMAG2788.jpg

• Like 1

I saw a cardinal earlier. They're beautiful

Came down this morning and saw three bright red males around the bird feeder.  I thought we only had one nearby.  I assume the other brownish birds were the females.  My wife likes to make sure our feeders are always full, so maybe word's gotten out in the bird community :)

Looks good, your restaurant will be packed in no time! I used to feed the birds before the price of bird seed skyrocketed! You might want to consider making more than 1, the squirrels will empty it pretty quick, and you might want to bring it in at night or the raccoons will empty it, and possibly break it, I lost 5 decent quality feeders to coons, they are not polite animals!

Looks good, your restaurant will be packed in no time! I used to feed the birds before the price of bird seed skyrocketed! You might want to consider making more than 1, the squirrels will empty it pretty quick, and you might want to bring it in at night or the raccoons will empty it, and possibly break it, I lost 5 decent quality feeders to coons, they are not polite animals!

They might not be the most polite animals, but they sure make cool hats and comfy gloves. :P

My neighbor leaves his garage door open just about a foot and sets a live trap just inside. In the morning, he closes the door and skins em out. Supports his beer habit pretty well. Nobody's the wiser, Budweiser that is. :D

not a bad idea, of course I'd have nothing but cats and skunks

Water bottle...fill with fiberglass insulation....drill slightly undersized hole in cap...screw cap back onto bottle....push it onto 22 rifle barrel....use regular ammo....VERY quiet....Mark Wahlberg did the same thing in the movie Shooter.

good idea, but I like the water balloon video, pretty humorous.