New shop space

Raefco

The saw dust will stay in the basement, no intention of trying to make money with wood, this is a Maintenence, fabricating, storage facility, but in all honesty who knows, I'll do anything for a buck...

This is only 2 blocks from my house...

The right bay looks like prime rental space for bachelor parties. Put a pole in it and the bucks will be flying!

• Like 1

Damn nice building but we need pics of the inside! Good for you.

It's a long story, the property is 6 acres and has 5 buildings, the one pictured is my dedicated space, there is more room behind the building for the truck, excavator and equipment storage if needed. as I set up the shop space I'll post more pics, I'll be looking at setting up a web site to promoted some business.

I have been in masonry since 1987, but I have fabrication and restoration in my blood,  my father and grandfather before him were both welders and fabricators, my dad has had a restoration shop in the same location for 35 years.

more to come

The saw dust will stay in the basement, no intention of trying to make money with wood, this is a Maintenence, fabricating, storage facility, but in all honesty who knows, I'll do anything for a buck...

This is only 2 blocks from my house...

Far enough away to keep mamma and the kids at bay but close enough to the beer!

Darn nice setup!

What the hell is that white stuff?

• 3 weeks later...

Mark, is this your building?

What kind of masonry work do you do, residential or commercial?

And you weld also?

Yes and No

My dad decided at 67 years of age, it would be a good idea to buy a local commercial property, a 3-1/3 acre car dealership from the 1930's with 5 buildings on the property. He started with a financial backer but due to various reasons nothing ever got done with the property and the money guy lost interest. The other partner wanted out, dad didn't want to let the property go and he is to paranoid to rent any of it out. 

So, I told him I would help him pay for the property (in the form of rent) and do some repairs on the buildings if he let me do as I please in ONE of the buildings. after all in less he loses it or we have to sell it, it will and be my problem soon enough. I blocked in the windows (8) and laid the glass block in this building a few years back.

Yes, I do a lot of welding, my dad and my grandfather were both pipe fitters and grandpa had a welding shop till the early 80's, the welding plays into commercial and industrial masonry because of the fabricating and anchoring systems used to hang limestone and fasten masonry wall to the steel structures. I am a union trained Mason, we have a 5 year apprentice training program that includes 2000 hours of classroom training, I am a journeyman craftsman of 27+ years with classifications in brick, block, stone, tile, refractory and a certified welder. I do work for myself a good deal but I would not say I own a business, but I do have a lot of stuff :D