Viewer's Projects

Ryan Miller

Honestly, this won't be a very satisfying answer. We get a ton of submissions and we filter some out immediately, either because they provide no write-up or the pictures are really bad. From there, we try to select projects that are either very interesting or well-executed. We try not to show favortism to high level or low level projects. We like a nice mix, good pictures, and a good story.

Even after those filters have been applied, we still wind up with MONTHS of backlog. This just came up as an issue recently and we are making some changes that will impact turnaround time (the goal being no more than a month or two). Unfortunately, the only way to do that is to tighten our restrictions and to delete a lot of good submissions. We are also going to start publishing two projects per week as well which should make things a bit more manageable.

Because we actually care about these submissions and the fact that people took the time to send them in, it's very hard for us to coldly say,"DELETE". And that's why we constantly end up with a 6-month back log.

Dammit!  Well MY sharpening station was roundly ignored.  And MY sharpening station was even finished, unlike your stupid sharpening station.

Hope you don't mind, Vinny...I totally copied yours.  Ours shops look shockingly similar.

DSC_0067.jpg