Byrd Gloat

Eric.

They are not doing you any good sitting in the box. Get your feet off the table and get to work. :)

Patience, old man. :D  Gotta go rent me a bearing puller before I can do anything.

Going on a pair of Grizzly's...0490 and 0453...8" and 15", respectively.

I do have a question actually...the 8" has like ten holes drilled in it.  I'm assuming these were for balancing purposes, but geez...ten?  The 15" has one hole.  I'm sure it makes no difference mechanically, but it sure is ugly and disappointing to see.  Should I bitch about it?

Nice!  I hope you get them installed soon..... and I second the comment about going with new bearings.  No sense not to.

I don't think your drum sander is going to get lonely.  I have a Shelix on my DW735, and it doesn't produce a glass-smooth or finish-ready surface.  What it DOES produce is a very consistent surface, independent of hardness or figure, that is very easy to sand, scrape or plane smooth. 

I will be installing new bearings.  Forgot to order them when I ordered the heads but I'll do it soon.  Any recommendations on good ones or just go with Grizzly?

The drum sander will never get lonely...there's always a reason to use it...small and thin pieces go through it constantly.

I guess I won't worry about the holes.  My OCD bone is aching though.

Mine sat in the box for weeks because I assumed it would take forever to install.  It actually only took a couple hours to install in my jointer.  I bought a cheap bearing puller off amazon.   I didn't change the bearings because I did not have anyone smart enough to tell me to do that (but my jointer was only 6 months old).  

Just look up your bearings on the grizzly web site. The bearing numbers will be standard numbers. Any bearing place will have them. Grizzly will likely be twice the price. It should cost you about $10 per head. Vbx is an online retailer but there are many others. You may even be able to get them local.

• Like 1

Grainger's tag line should be:

"When you've completely abandoned price comparison, shop with us."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Granger is right there with Fastenal and Fastenals tag line should be "We have anything you need, tomorrow..." LOL

• Like 1

I'm out about $1100 between the two...

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Shelix-Cutterhead-8-G0490-/H8803

http://www.grizzly.com/products/15-Shelix-Cutterhead/H7768

I scoured the planet for a better deal...could not find.  Grizzly charges shipping and I have to pay sales tax because I live in MO...you shouldn't have to.  Think it was $24 for shipping.  Which honestly is cheap because that box was HEAVY...but I always prefer FREE shipping....even if it's rolled into the cost of the item.  Fool me yo!  Let me think I'm getting a good deal. :)

• Like 1