white oak TV stand

johnbinva

I was off work for about 7 months last year.  Company I worked at for the last 8 years filed chapt 11 in March and it took awhile to find a fit.  In the meantime I got some woodworking done!

My sister who lives in rural NE Pa had a couple of trees taken down 2 1/2 years ago.  One was a fairly straight white oak  I got about 120 bd ft for $85 in milling costs!  Some of it potato chipped but i got some good flecking too.  She wanted a new widesreen TV and I had previously made her an oak coffee table and mantle for this room.  This was before I adjusted the doors and added a back and adjustable shelf.  First time for me doing rail and stiles - had to buy a bit set since what I inherited from my dad was a one piece deal i could not get setup correctly. 

Carcass was ply rest was 3/4 milled stock from 4/4 mill white oak.  BLO and then poly for finish.  And the top needed to be attached/secured.  I used slotted screw technique.

16503490192_45512a7654_z.jpg

• Like 1