Wood Suppliers in Florida Big Bend Area?

Pete Staehling

I am relocating from Maryland to Tallahassee.

Here, I have a nice hardwood supplier near home and a great sawmill/lumber supplier and hour away in Pennsylvania.  The close by dealer has nice stock and is very helpful.  The sawmill has lots of small pieces that are faced on two or more sides and are at good prices, which is great because I don't need big pieces for my dulcimer hobby/business and I can hand pick especially nice pieces.

I will probably be heading back north to visit family once or twice a year and can shop for lumber on those trips, but I am going to miss having these businesses close by to home.  Can anyone point me toward good hardwood suppliers preferably within and hour or so drive of Tallahassee?

I live up at Fort Rucker, and I drive down to Bonifay, FL (near you) to see a great guy named Tony Dodd. He is a custom furniture maker and has one hell of a collection of lumber, he cuts alot on his own mill and is as genuine of a guy as you could ask for.

He will cut stuff up for you, sell you whatever you like, or order your lumber and his hardwood dealer's truck will drop it off along with his own stuff when they come by (once a week).

Here's a link to his site, with contact info and whatnot. Tell him the guys from Rucker sent you, enjoy! http://www.tripledwoodshop.com/index.html

• 2 weeks later...