My warm up walnut & cherry with waterbornes experiment

estesbubba

Alcohol and water not sure how well it does removing any oil on the surface, water and oil don't play nice together. :) Mineral spirits would of been a better choice. Just make sure the mineral spirits had a good amount of time to flash off.

Ok...my gun is compressed air with a 1.4 Needle and nozzle ("NN"). The General Finishes retail water-based stains do an awesome job on smaller projects where open time of the stain is not an issue. I have sprayed Generals water-based stain with the 1.4 NN. Not an issue. However, what I do is put the stain in a pickle jar and add water and shake the shit out of it to break it down to spray, Generals water-based is a thick gel. I WONT BE SHY, IM NOT A FAN OF SPRAYING THE RETAIL GENERAL FINISHES WATER-BASED STAINS. On large cases or furniture, the retail stain just dries way to fast for my liking and won't use it on large work. You have to spend a good amount of time using a wet rag with water to even your color due to fast dry time.

I LOVE SPRAYING GENERAL FINISHES RTM PRODUCT OF STAINS. THEY ARE FORMULATED TO SPRAY AND WIPE and have awesome open time.

-Ace- 

General Finishes Water-Based retail stain to spray...spray gun in one hand, stain pad in the other. I use the spray gun to get the stain on the wood and a pad in the other hand to even it out.