Can't afford 3 x MFT-3's to cut long, wide panels?

davestanton

I had been struggling to cut sheet goods for cabinets out of long, wide panels for years. There were heaps of ways I could manage it by using support stands, assembly tables and so on but I just wanted a longer wider version of Festool's MFT-3. Once I rip a panel to width I now simply transfer it to my new roll around docking station and hey presto! Click here if you want to have a look.

• Like 1

This video is severely lacking. . It's missing a chubby, white haired paper weight. . What gives?

Cool video. I'm not a festool user but appreciate your ingenuity

He's there in the beginning giving us the cold shoulder and then disappears... :)

Click the link below for the Australian site that you can purchase from. Maybe the code is the same in America?

http://www.festool.com.au/epages/tooltechnic.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/tooltechnic/Products/496824

shoot, not on the US site.  Guess I'll have to put those frequent flier miles to work!

(thanks for the help, Dave)

Don't you hate that last burst of dust that a track saw just doesn't seem to catch at the end of a cut? I think I have the answer. I just made an accessory for my MFT-3 style of docking station that works a treat. Click here to see it in action.

Leave a comment if you want to. It all helps to keep me motivated. 

• 3 weeks later...