Bandsaw wobble

shaneymack

==>didnt think that there would be a possibility that the motor would be damaged

That’s where experience comes-in…

Leeson uses a decent gauge of sheet metal for external coverings… Anything that would dent it that badly wouldn’t be good for the internals… The motor could be just fine, but taking that sort of whack would not be good for its long-term health – of course, if they gave you a 10-year motor guarantee…

I may have missed your reponse to an early question, but did you receive the saw directly from Laguna California, directly from Laguna Canada or from the retailer? It's the 'used' component to all this that's more disturbing... I could be wrong, but I'd say it's 90+% that the saw is used -- maybe an in-house demo unit, maybe a show model or maybe---gulp---a user-return... As someone mentioned above, there was a time when Laguna played fast and loose (the big issue was bait-and-switch, but shipping floor models was also reported), but I thought that period was behind them...

This saw was purchased as brand new from elite tools in quebec city. They have been great. Not sure if laguna shipped them a used model and i ended up with it. Dont think i will ever know. Just hope this saw is gone this week. The store i bought it from also sells griggio, maybe there would be a possibility to make an exchange there with a difference in price obviously. ....

So to get this straight: the tool was shipped and/or picked-up from Elite tools?

==>laguna shipped them a used model and i ended up with it. Dont think i will ever know.

The second part maybe true... But.... It might be very intersting to send the saw's serial number to Laguna California and ask where they think the saw is... :)  And, specifically, how long ago they shipped it to Canada and where... That could be most interesting...

Perhaps Laguna shipped a new saw and it went on some sort of Magical Mystery Tour prior to ending-up in your shop --- I'd be more inclined to believe that then Laguna shipped a used saw as new... The downside is just too great...

Finally got caught up with this thread and holy crap that saw has some damage! If it was only in one place it would make sense, but it has damage all over the place even inside enclosures. Harbor Freight wouldn't even put that saw on their floor!

Hobbyists don't always pick up a tool, put it together, and start using it the day they get it like a pro would do. I bought a SawStop in April to take advantage of the promo, finally picked it up in September, and didn't use it until January. Also had my dust collector delivered in September and didn't put together until late December and realized there was damage to the filter assembly. As usual Grizzly sent replacement parts without any hassle. So like you Shane, I found stuff wrong down the road. 

So to get this straight: the tool was shipped and/or picked-up from Elite tools?

I think it would be very intersting to send the saw's serial number to Laguna California and ask where they think the saw is... :) And, specifically, how long ago they shipped it to Canada... That could be interesting...

Yes it was shipped to my by elite tools.

Even if i call laguna with serial number and they tell me it was shipped to elite 3 months ago that could just mean it was sitting in elites warehouse. Wouldnt necessarily mean it was on their floor.

==>elites warehouse

At least in NA, we live in a JIT world... There's no way a retailer is going to add capital equipment inventory to their balance sheet for a few months -- not going to happen unless they had some sort of quarterly take-or-pay relationship...

Finally got caught up with this thread and holy crap that saw has some damage! If it was only in one place it would make sense, but it has damage all over the place even inside enclosures. Harbor Freight wouldn't even put that saw on their floor!

Hobbyists don't always pick up a tool, put it together, and start using it the day they get it like a pro would do. I bought a SawStop in April to take advantage of the promo, finally picked it up in September, and didn't use it until January. Also had my dust collector delivered in September and didn't put together until late December and realized there was damage to the filter assembly. As usual Grizzly sent replacement parts without any hassle. So like you Shane, I found stuff wrong down the road.

Good point Mike. Were your issues resolved even though you had waited such a long time?

==>elites warehouse

At least in NA, we live in a JIT world... There's no way a retailer is going to add capital equipment inventory to their balance sheet for a few months -- not going to happen unless they had some sort of quarterly take-or-pay relationship...

Ahhhh i see. Makes sense.

You get this resolved?

Just got a call from elite tools this morning. They will take the saw back and give me a refund. Only thing is i need to pallet it and wrap it.

Going to go check out the minimax machines at a local place today. He has an mm20 in stock.....we will see what happens

So  i checked out the mm20. What a serious beast!! I love it except for the carter guides. It comes with the cp20 micro precisions.....i dont think i have seen a worse guide system than that! I got the guy to knock 300$ off the price to keep his guides and i will buy the laguna ceramic guides. Not ordered yet, will take the weekend to think about it. Hopefully pull the trigger on Monday!