Woodshop build has begun

N00b-in-training

Today marked day 1 of my transition from a makeshift corner of a 3 car garage with makeshift 'tool' to my own walled off 11x22 shop. I've spent months selecting my tools and most ordered over the next two months. Shop layout:

post-14998-0-36243800-1426386822_thumb.j

The major tools include:

Table Saw - Grizzly G0690

Jointer - Grizzly 8" G0656

Planer - Dewalt 735

Bandsaw - Laguna 14|Twelve 

Router - PC 75182 - undecided on table/fence/etc

Miter Saw - Bosch GCM12SD

Dust Collection - DC-1200VX-BK1 with 6"/4" PVC pipe with Grizzly Air Cleaner

Day 1 of the shop build included 13' tall wall put up and drywall'd. Next week brings taping/mudding and lighting installed. Following will be floor etching/staining/sealing. I strongly considered installing a wood floor but decided the $1000 it would cost would be better spent on tools. :)

post-14998-0-86374300-1426385695_thumb.j

Woke up today thinking about one of my biggest challenges... getting the shop into usable form, vs exactly how I want it, in order to make at least one of the projects on my wife's list. Something tells me she's not going to be accepting of waiting a year to get anything out of it. :)

You're shop will be constantly changing. The best way to figure out exactly what goes where is to build a project or two!

Congrats on the dedicated space!

• Like 1

Shop build weekend 2 included finishing drywall, painting, hanging lights and starting other electrical. Biggest 'OH CRAP!' moment occurred when i realized the metal blast gates (4" Woodstock) do not fit 4" SD PVC. How could I have missed this in the 3 months of research that went into my shop planning. Gruff!

Anyone else using metal blast gates with S&D PVC? I'm going to take one of the blast gates to Home Depot tomorrow to see if it fits Sch 40 PVC...

Shop build weekend 2 included finishing drywall, painting, hanging lights and starting other electrical. Biggest 'OH CRAP!' moment occurred when i realized the metal blast gates (4" Woodstock) do not fit 4" SD PVC. How could I have missed this in the 3 months of research that went into my shop planning. Gruff!

Anyone else using metal blast gates with S&D PVC? I'm going to take one of the blast gates to Home Depot tomorrow to see if it fits Sch 40 PVC...

post-5350-0-31376800-1427115213_thumb.jp

post-5350-0-27480500-1427115200_thumb.jp