Woodshop build has begun

N00b-in-training

That'll motivate you to a point tonight, but it will sure slow you down in the morning! Voice of experience!

Are your overhead, horizontal runs that low to use less pipe. Sure looks like you're going to waste a lot of valuable space. I'm probably just jealous that I don't have that much!

That'll motivate you to a point tonight, but it will sure slow you down in the morning! Voice of experience!

Are your overhead, horizontal runs that low to use less pipe. Sure looks like you're going to waste a lot of valuable space. I'm probably just jealous that I don't have that much!

Actually... I lowered it like that to have more wall space for lumber storage. I'll post pics tomorrow night once I have the first set of wood racks up.

Very interesting. Can't wait to see this thought out.

I agree. Looks like, if you hugged the ceiling with the ductwork, you would have plenty of room below for wood storage. And you wouldn't need your wife to help you get it up and down. ( Sorry, he said it first)

Tools start showing up on Friday and picked up my 36" straight edge today for tool setup.

I'd bet Friday can't get here soon enough. Do you already know where everything is going?

The stuff coming from grizzley, I've learned to add a day to their delivery quote. They always say "will be delivered on X" what that means is that it will be delivered from long trek freight to a short distance carrier. It alwAys adds a day for me

Looking great!

Thanks! Getting pretty excited!!!

I'd bet Friday can't get here soon enough. Do you already know where everything is going?

The stuff coming from grizzley, I've learned to add a day to their delivery quote. They always say "will be delivered on X" what that means is that it will be delivered from long trek freight to a short distance carrier. It alwAys adds a day for me

I've got some stuff (bandsaw and DC) sitting at the local Woodcraft. Grizzly has my tablesaw and joiner, i had them release the order yesterday so it'll be here on Friday or Monday. 

I seen a pretty cool trick in a magazine the other day. A guy took his mobile dust collector and flipped the three mounting brackets from the cart to the ceiling and mounted the motor on the ceiling next to it. He then cut the bottom of the bag and put a metal trash can under it. The bag fit over the trash can tightly, but you could use a quick strap.

This did two things for him. It put the intake up near the ceiling to eliminate a few elbows and some pipe, and made emptying a breeze.

yeah buddy. . Now you just need a lawn chair to sit in there and stare at them. What's next

Funny... I was thinking last night. I need to build a nice chair for the shop to come out here to relaxed with a few beverages. How do I sneak that ahead of my wife's ever growing project list.

Next is to get the regular garage put back in order to get the dust collector moved over there. From there I finish the dust collection system and start building work tables. 

I seen a pretty cool trick in a magazine the other day. A guy took his mobile dust collector and flipped the three mounting brackets from the cart to the ceiling and mounted the motor on the ceiling next to it. He then cut the bottom of the bag and put a metal trash can under it. The bag fit over the trash can tightly, but you could use a quick strap.

This did two things for him. It put the intake up near the ceiling to eliminate a few elbows and some pipe, and made emptying a breeze.

Very cool idea. My dust collector will live in the 'other' garage to keep the noise down a bit.

Very nice!!

How did you get them in the shop still on the pallet? Just curious because I will soon be doing this as well

Grizzly shipped via UPS Freight and I had the lift gate service (includes a pallet jack into the garage). This side of the garage has a regular 8' garage door. Biggest challenge was getting it over the lip in the garage without beating up the concrete.

Santa showed up today!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_0709.JPG

After a long evening of work both are assembled and cleaned. Hopefully tomorrow night I can get them both tuned up.

attachicon.gifIMG_0710.JPG

I have had that saw for several years.  It is a great saw, but one of the (minor) irritants for me is the  large gap around the edges of the floor pan inside the cabinet.  Even with a DC it constantly leaked saw dust and I would have to move the saw to get it cleaned up. I just filled the gap with silicone caulk and solved the problem.  Enjoy your new toys!

• Like 2