DeWalt Contractor Saw and More

Janello

I have a new in box DWE7491RS contractor saw (with stand) for sale. They go for about $580. I am asking $400. firm. I can ship it free in the lower 48.

(for those wondering why I am selling a brand new saw. I got it through a core program because I buy a bunch of dewalt tools. It was intended as a gift for my neighbor but he is taking my old saw instead since I got my PM2000.)

I also have (hope I don't get in trouble for this) some musical gear for sale a 2012 Deluxe Fender Strat and Marshall JVM410C. Both in excellent condition.

Strat sells for $1,700. asking $1200.  Marshall sells for over $3,000. asking $1,500.

I will entertain the idea of a trade for a good 6 or 8" jointer for any of the above if you are in my area.

I live in Central Jersey

John

I would have to venture that you will not be covered under warrenty. You would have to show proof of purchase and I am not a authorized dewalt dealer. For all intents and purposes you are buying a used saw that happens to be unused.

Let me know if you still want it.

That makes the deal a little less sweet but it still sounds good.  So yes I am still interested.  Any chance you have and can provide the original receipt or at least a copy of it?  How long ago was it purchased?

I spoke to a DeWalt rep who said pretty much the same thing, but then added that they would have no way of knowing if I was the original purchaser and that in some cases they are willing to go by the date code in the absence of a receipt.  I wouldn't be willing to outright lie about being the original purchaser, but it sounded like there just might be a little wiggle room granted on a case by case basis, so having a copy of the original receipt just might be useful.  If nothing else I would at least be able to prove that the saw had a legit history.

DeWalt makes a quality product and that is a nice model, so I guess I am not super concerned.

Is there a way that we can arrange payment and delivery to protect us both?  Timing of the delivery may require a little care since I am relocating to a home in Tallahassee (we close on the 27th),  I will be back and forth between Florida and my previous home over the upcoming weeks (months?), but can make it a point to be in Florida to take delivery as long as I know when that will be.  Knowing either an exact delivery date or at least a close approximate one will be helpful.

Feel free to contact me at pete.staehling@gmail.com to work out the details.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian