class is moving

duckkisser

my classroom is going to be moving to a new building and we will be setting up a new wood shop. here is the area we will be in with a separate office for the classroom. that will have windows that will allow us to see from the classroom to the shop.  I haven't decided where the tools will go yet but the electricity will be installed after the tools have been decided. any thoughts on where to put them?

the tools ill be using are a tablesaw, 2 bandsaws, radial arm saw, 2 large belt sanders, palmsanders, 2 chop saws, jointer, planer, lathe, 3 scroll saws, 2 drills, and 1 large air compressor.  

post-4738-0-93847700-1426648540_thumb.jp

post-4738-0-04120500-1426732416_thumb.jp

I can pass along the general layout of my high school wood shop which was a darn nice shop. Starting from the back wall were the tool and finishing rooms. Next were work benches. In the center were the jointer and tablesaw. Planer, bandsaw, drill press, and RAS, were along the left wall. Lathes and lumber storage along right wall. There was some other stuff like a scroll saw in there somewhere, another work table near the table saw, and we had duplicates of a couple of machines. Nothing was actually against the wall (except the lathes), everything was moved out several feet at least. Every machine had a DC drop and there were several floor sweeps scattered around the walls. Chip collection and dust separator were outside, fines vented to the atmosphere. 

If I were going to change anything it would have been to move the planer to the front of the room, nearer the tablesaw and lumber storage.