beast assembled

Eric.

Wasn't so bad right? The heaviest part is the headstock. Legs and bed are solo enough. Make sure you check that the spur center and live center match up. Also, never turn it on with the chuck on there with nothing clamped in the chuck, that could get real ugly, real fast. 

Is that the final resting place?

Looks great Eric...turning is definitely on my list... You should have some very cool stuff to show us very soon... like tonight :)

Won't be tonight, Dave.  Ain't got no power. <_<  I would love to turn this thing on right now and mangle a bowl.  Of course all I have at the moment are some old, dull Crapsman gouges and skew chisels my neighbor gave me.  I need some new tools and something to sharpen them.  Gonna be a little bit before I can do anything.  Dammit.

In the meantime I'm gonna go calibrate a new plasma TV I finally got set up. B)

So you went with plasma? Great choice. You won't regret it.

This one was for the bedroom.  We only watch at night in there and dang - plasmas are cheap...got a 51" 1080 Samsung for like $700ish shipped.  It looks awesome.

When I finish the basement I'll be getting a 4K LED for down there...unless OLEDs get bigger and cheaper by then. :blink:

• Like 1

This one was for the bedroom. We only watch at night in there and dang plasmas are cheap...got a 51" 1080 Samsung for like $700ish shipped. It looks awesome.

When I finish the basement I'll be getting a 4K LED for down there...unless OLEDs get bigger and cheaper by then. :blink:

They say tv in the bedroom will ruin your love life. Be careful!