Shop advice needed!

Kazi Kuni

I'm setting up to build a new workshop and am interested in knowing more about the essentials like ventilation, dust control, lighting and outlets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Shop size: 45'x21'x12'

Wow that is a very broad question. You might have an easier time asking specific questions about each topic you need info about. Full books have been written about your question. Like this one http://www.amazon.ca/Setting-Up-Shop-Practical-Designing/dp/1561588385

i have that book and its a great resource for starting out. I would start there.

No real advice, but some inspiration to help you think out of the box...

http://www.finewoodworking.com/workshop/video/video-tour-of-richard-ciupkas-underground-workshop.aspx

BTW: you’re going to have to do the heavy lifting yourself --- no one is going to design your shop for you… Anyway, you wouldn’t want them to – it’s your shop… Do some reading, search the web, get some layouts together, then ask for input… Same for electric, lighting, dust collection, etc.. There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of threads covering all aspects of shop design and implementation…

Google is your friend --- members simply won’t respond in detail until then... Sorry, but that’s the way it is…