Spring Cleaning

bradpotts

I decided that I was tired of chasing tools down so I decided to invest a little money and time in my shop. I made a couple cabinets. Here is a picture of the cabinets. 83702858b476d2866cd23fed67467fd5.jpg maybe this will inspire someone out there to spend a little time to get organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I kind of wondered. The poplar we get around here is greenish. We went to my wife's uncle's house in Lousiana last year and he took us to a local restaurant that was clad on the inside with wood that looked like yours. I mentioned how neat it was and he said it was poplar. Being the know it all, I told him he was full of it. He called the owner over and told us he had cut the trees himself and that they were poplar. Fantastic looking wood.

I kind of wondered. The poplar we get around here is greenish. We went to my wife's uncle's house in Lousiana last year and he took us to a local restaurant that was clad on the inside with wood that looked like yours. I mentioned how neat it was and he said it was poplar. Being the know it all, I told him he was full of it. He called the owner over and told us he had cut the trees himself and that they were poplar. Fantastic looking wood.

I love the color of the wood. There is one trim piece that went from green to pink then purple. I think it is some of the most unique wood and it is the cheapest wood here. 3.50 bf.

Wonder if he only showed us the organized side of the shop and the other side looks like a bomb went off?

Like when you get a call that company is coming....they're 10 minutes away and just wanted to stop by and suddenly it's all hands on deck and EVERYTHING goes into the bedroom..........and then we smile.....make nice.....and wonder 'why you surprise me like this'???? Then we have to clean up the bedroom......or am I the only one??? 

BradPittsPotts?????? [all together, with one resounding voice] SHOW US....... THE OTHER SIDE!!!!

Well done. That's a crazy looking miter saw. :)

Poplar can have some wild colors in it, but all those purples and greens will turn to brown eventually.

That miter saw is a harbor freight. Got it in 2003. Still runs and works great. Sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough. ad7e7b2b50552b592f09d478128a449d.jpg

Wonder if he only showed us the organized side of the shop and the other side looks like a bomb went off?

Like when you get a call that company is coming....they're 10 minutes away and just wanted to stop by and suddenly it's all hands on deck and EVERYTHING goes into the bedroom..........and then we smile.....make nice.....and wonder 'why you surprise me like this'???? Then we have to clean up the bedroom......or am I the only one???

BradPittsPotts?????? [all together, with one resounding voice] SHOW US....... THE OTHER SIDE!!!!

nope, your not the only one. One thing I've learned is to lock that bedroom before the mother in law goes snooping... That was embarrassing...

I'll have to say, not bad Brad....not bad at all....I do like the deep drill press table.  I've been pondering building one of these but haven't thought of it being that deep.  I called you out and you came through!  Good job!! :)

nope, your not the only one. One thing I've learned is to lock that bedroom before the mother in law goes snooping... That was embarrassing...

you got that right....LOCK THE DOOR!!!  I'll give you another one....when she comes to stay for a couple days, lock the door also when you take a shower or go to bed a little early with the wife......lock it...she will come ah walking on in just to ask a question! Scarred for life.

I'll have to say, not bad Brad....not bad at all....I do like the deep drill press table. I've been pondering building one of these but haven't thought of it being that deep. I called you out and you came through! Good job!! :)

you got that right....LOCK THE DOOR!!! I'll give you another one....when she comes to stay for a couple days, lock the door also when you take a shower or go to bed a little early with the wife......lock it...she will come ah walking on in just to ask a question! Scarred for life.

I was actually not planning on building that. I had some leftover plywood from the cabinets. I saw a couple drill bits laying around and decided to build it. The table top was already built I just built the storage.