whiteside panel bit, Very impressed

Brendon_t

I'm building a few more of the pagoda boxes as ordered after my wife posted them up. I didn't really care for the look of the straight cuts used top raise the panel so i ordered the ws 5951 panel bit. It came boosted in some weird gel that was fun to peel off.

I used the bit to cut two tops last night. One in walnut, One in wenge. The walnut came out so smooth it is like a 300 gr sanding treatment.

The wenge cut beautifully also. No tear out, no burning.

I think I found my new bit manufactures

I discovered Whiteside many years ago when I had to have a custom bit made to match some existing work. I like Freuds Quadra cut bits a tad better but there's plenty of Whiteside in my collection of bits.

One tip,,KEEP THEM CLEAN ! It really does extent the life of a bit .

Thanks Brendon, was just going to start a post looking for quality router bits. Whiteside and Amana where the ones I was considering.

Whiteside and Eagle America are pretty much identical.  Infinity is right up there too, and the Freud Quadra-cut is pretty slick.  Never tried Amana bits, but have been reasonably impressed with their saw blades.  

Whiteside makes the best quality Eagle America bits. I expect the cheaper lines are made in China, but don't know for sure.  Amana bits are probably as good too, but Whiteside is always my first choice.  I was talking to Whiteside about making a particular custom bit, and Todd told me they already made a bit very close for Eagle America.  It worked fine.

Whiteside also has very quick turnaround on sharpening too.