Pitch filler

logos

Hi,

I am a essentially a novice woodworker learning from my mistakes. My most recent project is a new screen door. I found a great deal on some rough sawn 5/4 CVG fir and planed and jointed it up.

I thought the pitch holes would add to the character. Especially for 1.50 a board foot

The holes don't go all the way through but now I am questioning if I need to clean then of all pitch and put in some epoxy? Can I just leave it as is and stain? Other options? Will these "holes" eventually worsen and crack the door?

Thanks in advance!

post-16439-142729854909_thumb.jpgpost-16439-14272985609_thumb.jpgpost-16439-142729857283_thumb.jpgpost-16439-142729859723_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics of the work in progress.

• 2 weeks later...

"Old School" and screen doors certainly go together for us older guys who can remember when they were more common. Use a little hook latch on the screen door and leave the wooden door open and no fear of some scumbag breaking in!

Ha! I had to place a call to my employer's IT help desk once. The man who answered the phone had an obviously non- North American accent, the background noise sounded like a frat party was going on, and I swear I could hear the squeaky spring on one of those old screen doors opening and closing as we talked.

High-tech, yeah.