Hello from Fort Smith, Arkansas

adamk_vb

I am as amateur woodworker who would love to find a mentor or someone to show me the ropes of this wonderful craft. I have built a few things already just to learn as much as possible. So far my list includes a workbench, a table for my saw, garden planters etc...

I want to expand more into furniture. Is there anyone willing to mentor me or give me a few pointers in western Arkansas?

hi, and welcome!

As Richard said, go through the site here - there's a lot of info to be had if you read enough.

Another suggestion is to start watching all the free episodes on the Wood Whisperer site - great stuff there - or, even join the Wood Whisperer Guild, the complete start-to-finish project videos there are just full of information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from a fellow Arkansas woodworker. As for books, there are a ton of good woodworking books but it would depend on what you are looking for. Are you looking for general info, project specific books, info on tools or other?

Most (99%) of my woodworking knowledge has come from woodworking forums and videos, mostly YouTube.