Windsor chair making at its finest

• 2 weeks later...

The chair maker seem very knowledgeable.

I'm sorry to you rough cut lovers but I CANNOT stand listeNing to Tommy Mac. Every time I have Attem pted to watch an episode, his brash speech pattern that to my Midwestern ear sounds so rushed and rude, forces me to turn it off. I could barely get through the episode with marc in it. He cuts people off All the time. I'm sure it's just his dialect from Boston I think but I can't do it.

I get they have a lot of content to get through in limited time. Norm never rushed anybody or cut them off.

The chair maker seem very knowledgeable.

I'm sorry to you rough cut lovers but I CANNOT stand listeNing to Tommy Mac. Every time I have Attem pted to watch an episode, his brash speech pattern that to my Midwestern ear sounds so rushed and rude, forces me to turn it off. I could barely get through the episode with marc in it. He cuts people off All the time. I'm sure it's just his dialect from Boston I think but I can't do it.

I get they have a lot of content to get through in limited time. Norm never rushed anybody or cut them off.

Born and raised in Boston and I find Tommy very endearing :)

Different strokes different folks and all, but I think his brashness and whatnot is just his natural excitement level.  Just a guy that does everything at 100mph.  I definitely see how people are put off by him, but I love the guy.  Can't deny the guy's talent too (I know you weren't).

Born and raised in Boston and I find Tommy very endearing :)

Different strokes different folks and all, but I think his brashness and whatnot is just his natural excitement level.  Just a guy that does everything at 100mph.  I definitely see how people are put off by him, but I love the guy.  Can't deny the guy's talent too (I know you weren't).

I would never bash his talent. I've barely made it to the end of the show enough to see finished quality. I guess it's just my nature. When I get into the "shop zone" it's a relaxing zone. Couldn't imaging drinking 5 red bulls and going at it. .. Wood working that is

I CANNOT stand listeNing to Tommy Mac. Every time I have Attem pted to watch an episode, his brash speech pattern that to my Midwestern ear sounds so rushed and rude, forces me to turn it off.

You should get that ear checked out by a doctor.

We're drawn to what we're used to. I love Tommy because he sounds like 99% of my friends.

Opposite end of the spectrum, I can't sit through southern or Midwestern niceties for more than 30 seconds before screaming 'Get to the %^#* point!'

...had a tough time adjusting when I moved to Atlanta. :)

• Like 1

Gary posted a link a while ago to Tommy's Bombay build.  It was filmed by him and his buddies in his shop and in his personal comfort zone, and if you want to get a better idea of who the guy really is, I would suggest you watch that series.  He's a cool and funny dude and far more laid back than you've seen him on Rough Cut.  It's obvious that it's the TV producers that make him go a hundred miles and hour...MORE ENERGY, TOMMY!  SMILE!  MAKE A JOKE!  MORE ENERGY!  FASTER!  GO FASTER!  MORE ENERGY!

Put yourself in his shoes and I guarantee you'll either be foaming at the mouth or imploding under the stress of it all.

• Like 2

Gary posted a link a while ago to Tommy's Bombay build. It was filmed by him and his buddies in his shop and in his personal comfort zone, and if you want to get a better idea of who the guy really is, I would suggest you watch that series. He's a cool and funny dude and far more laid back than you've seen him on Rough Cut. It's obvious that it's the TV producers that make him go a hundred miles and hour...MORE ENERGY, TOMMY! SMILE! MAKE A JOKE! MORE ENERGY! FASTER! GO FASTER! MORE ENERGY!

Put yourself in his shoes and I guarantee you'll either be foaming at the mouth or imploding under the stress of it all.

That bombe build is ridiculous. One of my favorite video series. Like you said it's an unvarnished (pun intended) look at what he's really like. Much more laid back than on the show, but you can still tell he's a high energy guy.