A stand for something?

bushwacked

After seeing some of the stands for candles lately I got some travel days off from work so my 4 day weekend has started off with a project. Can't take credit for the design at all since its been around. I just wanted to test my skills and see how well I could do with it.

a760ea0069ced8d14a58d27fb905bc63.jpg

4a4a58d2fba93eb6be6bd2aea1720737.jpg

809d4fbfceb4a471f4fc60479b1f9133.jpg

1f4b616f7336e21473e6a7f403cfd668.jpg

EDITED...

Walnut ( I need to learn my woods.)and maple are the woods here. Hoping it turns out usable haha.

In my experience, shellac (super blonde) darkens the wood less than oil-based finishes. Clear lacquer is even better. I hear the water based poly is good, too.

Hmmm could I go straight to the general finishes endurovar? Their water based finish... Or would it need some type of base coat first?

Glueing a curl from a hand plane on the bottom of the walnut would push it up and make the fit better.

I haven't used GF waterbourne finishes but they don't usually need a base coat, just follow the instructions on the label.

Ok thanks. I will check it out and work on sample.

43377747551b5bb74f75ff27b6ba555e.jpg

When you don have a clue how to glue up something with angle and no straight edges ... Just start stacking