Live Edge Floating Shelf (white oak)

wouldwurker

An very good friend of mine is starting up his own coffee shop in South Jersey.  Great name too.

Endgrain Coffee Bar

(how cool is that)

https://www.facebook.com/EndgrainCoffee?fref=nf

Wood: Quartersawn White Oak, from a bag of grocery store firewood

Finish: Waterlox, WS Epoxy (live edge)

As you can tell from a few of my project journals, all my recent shop time has been dedicated to some woodworking for his grand opening, both design and build, some functional and some purely décor.

In keeping with my 2015 mantra of more small projects, but every one with a new technique, this was my first shot at keyholes on the RT.  A puckerer for sure, moving a 1" wide board sideways on it's edge, and routing out two 5/8" keyholes, one of which is a climb cut.   I used pencil lines on the fence in lieu of stops.

This was also the first time I actually needed my fence to be 90 degrees on the table, so a bit of setup there.

1000 test cuts later, they didn't come out half bad.

If you're unfamiliar with a 'floating shelf', it's simply a wall shelf with no visible brackets. 

Pics in next post

An very good friend of mine is starting up his own coffee shop in South Jersey.....

In addition to owning your own house, owning your own business is the American dream.  If I ever go to South Jersey, I will go to his coffee shop and have a cup or two.  I have bookmarked his facebook page. I wish him success in this endeavor.

Your firewood woodworking is truly unbelievable....it is not just woodworking, it is artwork...and not just artwork...it is masterpiece quality. Well done.

Regards,

FtrPilot