Small Cabinet for Router Bits

Immortan D

Cool carry around box. I considered keeping my bits in their boxes but it took up to much room. I have them all set up in holes now and for the intricate bits, I do keep the piece of paper or sticker showing the profile and measurements

Did you manage to stick each piece of paper near its corresponding bit? Because I thought about that, but found out I was not saving space.

No I didn't. Thought about it but it just didn't make sense. The top drawer of my router cabinets has all the 1/4" shank bits. Second drawer is 1/2" bits and the third drawer is some bit sets and the papers for the top two drawers just paper clipped together.

• Like 1

I made this small cabinet from scraps a long time ago for my 1/4'' Bosch router bits.

Good design and excellent use of scraps.  One of the first things I learned about woodworking is never throw away the scraps.

I wanted the bits preserved inside their original boxes.

Me too.  Right now, they are taking up a lot of space in my tool chest.

I would do it differently if I had to do it again (way too many screws), but it still serves its purpose.

OK, I will ask the obvious question...How would you build it, if you were to build it again?

Thanks for sharing.  I will be making something for my routerbits...just a matter of time & priorities.

• Like 1

Good design and excellent use of scraps.  One of the first things I learned about woodworking is never throw away the scraps

I think more important lesson is figuring out what is usable scrap and how much to keep and burn the rest. After a while, you get trash cans full of scrap pieces you don't even use.

I think more important lesson is figuring out what is usable scrap and how much to keep and burn the rest. After a while, you get trash cans full of scrap pieces you don't even use.

I do have a burn box.  If a scrap is too small to safely test a dado setting...into the burn box.

Daniel...Having your router bit speed chart readily available is a great idea.

post-17356-0-04671900-1428165304.jpg

I gotta get me one.