Walnut Find - Remembered

Keggers

I have a barn that sits about 60 yards from my shop that I've stored wood in over the years. I seldom go out to the barn but decieded to go look last week to see what I could find. I found these two pieces of super curly walnut. It looks like they were sawn sequentially.

I forgot that I had a stack of this stuff that I bought several years ago from a man getting a divorce. Guess I'd better be brining it into the shop to take better care of it.

post-18-0-82199900-1428179694_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-54427700-1428179699_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-07621900-1428179704_thumb.jpg

Dang Gina.. that is some seriously beautiful wood. Good job on that find.

Thanks. I just came from the barn and brought in some more. I really did forget that it was out there. Seems the guy I bought it from was going to get divorced and didn't want his soon to be ex-wife to get any of his stuff. He had a huge walnut tree cut down and had it all sawn and dried including the root section. Some of this stuff is 3 inches thick that I brought in today. It's pretty dirty so I can't really see what kind of grain it will have. Guess I'll work it a little tomorrow to see what it looks like.

Wood...curly haired brunette....growl grumble.....both are pretty things. WOOD! WOOD!!! Man...how do you forget a piece of wood like that? Now...................................what to make...................ummmmm..................decisions decisions on what it shall be.  I know a couple of luthiers that would give a pretty penny for that.

Wood...curly haired brunette....growl grumble.....both are pretty things. WOOD! WOOD!!! Man...how do you forget a piece of wood like that? Now...................................what to make...................ummmmm..................decisions decisions on what it shall be.  I know a couple of luthiers that would give a pretty penny for that.

I've already sold it. I just hope I can find more just as pretty.

I think you are about 2 hours away from me.

Ok, maybe not so close, since I am nearly an hour East of Dyersburg.

I ran across a place that is located less than hour from me, called 'Exotic Woods of the World'. They sell online via ebay, all exotic stuff, at what appears to be reasonable prices. Ever heard of them?

Ok, maybe not so close, since I am nearly an hour East of Dyersburg.

I ran across a place that is located less than hour from me, called 'Exotic Woods of the World'. They sell online via ebay, all exotic stuff, at what appears to be reasonable prices. Ever heard of them?

I've never heard of them but I will check them out.