A sad little box

bradpotts

It's terrible for the little girl, but it's rough situation for you to live too.  It's good that you have the heart that you do and that you're her teacher.  I'm sure your box meant a lot to her.

Now after that, the question seems out of place but I am curious, how did you do the horse?

It's terrible for the little girl, but it's rough situation for you to live too. It's good that you have the heart that you do and that you're her teacher. I'm sure your box meant a lot to her.

Now after that, the question seems out of place but I am curious, how did you do the horse?

How I made the horse is with double bevel marquetry. I started off by cutting the piece of walnut to 1/8 on my bandsaw. I also cut all the wood that I was going to use for the pieces. (Maple for horse, ebany for feet, the horn is a piece of abalone shell, and the eyes are copper wire,) Once I had everything at 1/8 I changed the angle of my scroll saw to about 8 degrees. (Can't remember the exact angle I used) Then I glued the maple to the walnut using spray adhesive. I used a #2 scroll saw blade to cut the pieces out. Once they were cut out they slide perfectly into the walnut. I sand shaded the pieces and glued them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos Brad for giving your time and talent.

I hope that her cancer was caught early and that she gets the best medical care this country can offer.

My next door neighbor's daughter had chldhood cancer when she was 4 years old.  Last year, she graduated from college and has started her first job. Yes, it was a rough battle.

With support and prayers from family, friends, and teachers like you, I pray that in 14 years, your student is graduating from college and starting her first job.

Please give her a hug from all of us.

• Like 1