Jet 16-32 Drum Sander

ResidentEvil

Happened upon a good CL find and picked up a 16-32 plus at a good price.  Already have run some BE maple and some end grain coasters through it. 

Man, this thing is a time saver galore.  I can easily see why everyone says that they thought it was a luxury purchase at first and now they use it on nearly every project.  Its already saved me about three hours of sanding today.

Congrats on your score , I agree the sander it worth having in the shop . It can save a bunch of time .

Not too diminish the Jet 16/32 ( i have one myself ) I do like it but it's a PIA to set up . One day I'll upgrade to the Supermax , a buddy of mine has the 25/50 . The difference in Supermax and the Jet doesn't even compare . 

Congrats on your score , I agree the sander it worth having in the shop . It can save a bunch of time .

Not too diminish the Jet 16/32 ( i have one myself ) I do like it but it's a PIA to set up . One day I'll upgrade to the Supermax , a buddy of mine has the 25/50 . The difference in Supermax and the Jet doesn't even compare . 

Completely understand.  If I had the funds, I would have gone for the Supermax as I have heard that they are great machines.  However at about a quarter of the price, I had to jump on this one.

Luckily enough, this one was set up for me!  The man I bought it from had it for about 8 months and only put about 8-10 hours on it.  He was getting away from working on larger projects and just didn't have the use for it any longer.  But he did build a nice stand for it, and had several extra rolls of pre-cut paper for it.

The common thing that I read is a belt tracking issue.  This one is fine, the belt has run straight and true all day.  I haven't tried to mess with calibrating the drum to parallel with the table.  I did take a straight edge and put it under the drum at two different spots and, if its out of alignment its just by a very small amount.  One of these days I'll have time to run a wide board through it and see if it leaves a ridge or furrow in the middle.  Until then, it is set up well enough to meet my needs.

• Like 1