Any festool drill owners?

rodger.

I have a fair share of festool gear, and I love it. I see Marc and tommy mac using festool drill and drivers, but I can't see how a cordless drill can worth what festool wants. Now, to be fair, I also said this about a kapex and now I own one. So maybe there is something I don't know.

Sponsorships are wonderful things :)

I’ve had just about every FT drill made… I never got the Ti15 – even on paper it was a POS… I’m now down to the CXS and T-18. And wouldn’t own the 18 -- if I didn’t have other 18v FT gear,  frequently use the offset chuck and have a bunch of FT bits/drivers/etc… When my last FT bit goes, so does the 18…

The Bosch 12v and 18v are better drills for half the price – except the CXS, that’s worth having…

• Like 1

The Bosch 12v and 18v are better drills for half the price – except the CSX, that’s worth having…

Completely agree. The CSX is a wonderful little drill and I'm glad I have it every time I use it. However, I don't think I'll ever have a need/desire to buy any of the Festool 18v drills/drivers. I beat the heck out of my 18v stuff and have always been satisfied with Dewalt, Milwaukee, or Bosch.

==>its designed for light duty driving and drilling by its description

Exactly…

I've also got the little 10v and 12v Bosch and Makita drill/drivers -- and they are better for DIY (the impact/driver action) than the CXS… But the CXS is great for driving #5-#9 hardware fasteners -- the CXS has a level of control lacking in the 10-12v impacts... It also has nice compact rt angle attachment… The CXS is a great compact installers/assembly drill – not a general purpose shop drill… I almost never use it for drilling at all -- really an assembly tool... Its battery is limited, so if you just need to drive 50 #7 hinge screws, it's great... But it's not going to drive 100 #10 deck screws...

Hey Franklin.

I have the Protool 18v and the CXS, love them both. I also have an 18v DeWalt and Ryobi 1. The DeWalt served me well for many years while I was building homes as a contractor. I also have a 12 volt Hitachi impact which also served me well. But, I love my Protool because of the 4 speed box and unbelievable torque in 1st gear. The CXS is as the other guys say, a great assembly tool and the right angle drive is a dream. You can see it in use in one of my videos, https://youtu.be/aOZOg1DXCRYif you want to. The centrotec chuck system is very versatile as you will see.

• Like 1

Hey Franklin.I have the Protool 18v and the CXS, love them both. I also have an 18v DeWalt and Ryobi 1. The DeWalt served me well for many years while I was building homes as a contractor. I also have a 12 volt Hitachi impact which also served me well. But, I love my Protool because of the 4 speed box and unbelievable torque in 1st gear. The CXS is as the other guys say, a great assembly tool and the right angle drive is a dream. You can see it in use in one of my videos, https://youtu.be/aOZOg1DXCRYif you want to. The centrotec chuck system is very versatile as you will see.

I checked it out - thanks. While I was there I also watched "Barry the pug and the sausage" - haha.

• Like 1

I couldn't justify the price of the big Festool drills but broke down and got the CXS when my Hitachi was going out and I had some extra money. I love the light weight and compactness of that thing. For light assembly, it is great.

Then the last time McFeely's was sold, I got a T12+3 for 65% off during the inventory/ordering software fiasco. The T12 is 10.8v just like the CXS but has bigger batteries and more torque. I love having both, but would still have a hard time paying full-price for their big drills (but I now have the eccentric and right-angle chucks so I wouldn't need a full kit)

• 2 weeks later...

I got the C12 and just picked up the C18. I like the drills because of the variety of accessories that come with them,both my drills have a offset chuck, Jacobs chuck and the centrotec chuck.nthe C18 which will be released in the states also has a dry wall chuck that is sold seperately.

One thing that is coming to the states is the basic kit. What that is if you already have a Festool cordless tool say a drill, then you vp can buy a basic tool which doesn't have the batteries at a big discount. My C12 and C18 batteries are interchangeable..

another advantage is that the drill are brushless as well.

They are pricey that's for sure.