Shiny patches after staining

hsutt699

I'm hoping someone can help me!

I'm in the process of refinishing a solid oak antique buffet.  The table-top is pieced together with multiple pieces of wood with a total surface area of about 18x60".  The surface was in rough condition since it had sustained some water damage at some point in its history causing 2 of the wood seams to pull apart and warp.  I removed the old varnish and stain with a 220 grit sandpaper to expose the raw, unfinished oak.  During this process, I spent a great deal of time sanding the areas that were raised from the water damage in an effort to flatten/level the areas.  Next, it was all wiped-down and a few days later, I added a pre-stain wood conditioner by Minwax.  I allowed this to soak-in for about 10 minutes before wiping off the excess.  After about an hour, I then added the first coat of Minwax Wood Finish stain.  Five hours later, I added a second coat of the same stain.  Now, 6 hours later, I've noticed 2 shiny patchy areas that were not evident after the first coat of stain.  And...it appears as though these shiny areas are those same areas I sanded more thoroughly than the rest of the top in an effort to flatten/level because of the water damage.  How can I fix this?  Other than this issue, the top looks great. 

help!  Thanks

Blending is a pain with stain. Tinted spray coats are anecdotally easier. I would write off the cost of the stain and start through the grits. The shiny is burnished likely. Start with a scuff of 80 over the whole top, finish at 120 or 150 and be done. Then decide how to stain. Since texture is the only concern, there may not be need to sand through the stain to remove it.