Rude (Venting about a bad Craigslist experience)

chrisphr

'Twas a good choice. Sometimes we all start to get on a topic and we get a bit happy and lose rational thought in a storm of agreement. We all know in the end it all comes down to which bandsaw/sander to buy.

I'd rather argue politics AND religion than argue with y'all about which bandsaw/sander is better! At least festool doesn't make a bandsaw yet :P
  • Like 1

If only they did... Then they could charge $3700 for it, and it could be black and green

my masterforce bandsaw is black and green... And I paid about $3400 less than the *yet to be released festool bandsaw! For $3700 it better give me a belly rub while I'm standing there!!!
  • Like 1

You forgot to mention his hatred for Amazon =P

'Twas a good choice. Sometimes we all start to get on a topic and we get a bit happy and lose rational thought in a storm of agreement. We all know in the end it all comes down to which SHAPER to buy.

Fixed...

Just sold our playhouse today through CL. Anything big I ALWAYS say bring enough people it's (whatever) big and heavy. Guy shows up with his pregnant wife and then his mother showed up. Ugh. Then asks after he pays me and gets his tools. Are you going to be around a while? Yep I had to help carry it since he didn't want to take it apart enough.

Had another person wanting it also and this guy says I was going to offer you less so I told him that's fine I have other people that want it and the answer would have been no.

CL can be amazingly frustrating.

My worst experience: I had replaced my older 55" DLP TV with a newer flat screen version. Knowing how stupid people are, I specifically states three times in the ad that this TV was not a hang on the wall flat screen type of TV. I included manufacturer pics from the web, that showed a side view and how thick it was.

So some kid responds and wants to come look. He shows up and I have it in my garage plugged in and running a movie. He stares at it for about three minutes and makes a couple circles. Then he looks at me and says that this isn't the TV I listed. That he wants the TV but will only give me $X (about half list price) because it was different than my listing.

I pulled out my iPad and showed him the listing , and he still argued with me. I was coming really close to punching him, so my wife stepped in and told him that the TV wasn't for sale to him anymore.

• Like 1