Arm-R-Seal

Coop

I'm opening a new can of ARS and am out of the Bloxygen (argon). I have a cylinder CO2 here in my shop. As it's heavier than air and will displace it, I was thinking of using it. Anyone know if the CO2 will any adverse affect on the ARS?

It seems the less in the can, the quicker it hardens over, I guess because there's more oxygen. I have a half of a can that I chipped around the edge of the can and removed the crust last week and now it has it again so I'm using a new can today.

Will try the CO2 and see what happens.

It seems the less in the can, the quicker it hardens over, I guess because there's more oxygen. I have a half of a can that I chipped around the edge of the can and removed the crust last week and now it has it again so I'm using a new can today.

Will try the CO2 and see what happens.

There will be garage warming in Houston!  CO2, you deranged conservative you!

• Like 1

For some reason or another, I thought I'd never get the lid off of the new can. The inside lip of the can is higher than the outside, strange looking. Maybe that's my calling, invent something to solve these problems.

Or maybe just stay the hell away from ARS!

I try to keep a supply of glass jars in various sizes so I can dump unused finish into them.   Whenever we use up a jar of jam, pasta sauce, etc I run it through the dishwasher and store in the shop.

You can also get pint sized paint cans from the paint store.

Putting the finish into a smaller container is probably more reliable than bloxygen, and easier too.

I try to keep a supply of glass jars in various sizes so I can dump unused finish into them.   Whenever we use up a jar of jam, pasta sauce, etc I run it through the dishwasher and store in the shop.

are you saying you dump all unused finishes together for disposal or you keep them separate to re-use later?

I keep them separate to re-use later.  I like glass jars because I can see what is inside and the lids are easy to open and close.  Using a sharpie to note the date and contents is helpful.  

I keep them separate to re-use later.  I like glass jars because I can see what is inside and the lids are easy to open and close.  Using a sharpie to note the date and contents is helpful.

Beats the heck out of prying lids off.

I'll tell the wife to start making more pasta!

Thanks Mike

I just buy a new can of ARS, then let it freeze because I forget to bring it in when it gets super cold. Then I replace it along with all of the glue I wasted in the same process.

I wish I was kidding. I can never remember to bring that stuff in before it gets too cold.

Oh well...