Yard Work

Tom Cancelleri

For starters.... I HATE YARD YORK! Nature is a huge P.I.T.A. and doesn't care about you in the least.

I started tackling my side yard. It was overgrown and there was weeds and vines and all sorts of things that didn't belong when I first moved in. My tactic was to just mow over the entire thing and let it be until I was ready to finally do something with it. I removed lots of stuff. I had moved a lot of plants that were in there, and took out the things i didn't want. 

Finished front to back: Lilac, Iris, Hosta, Daylilies, Corkscrew bush, Scotchbroom, more Hostas. 

Before

11196362_10155519507930790_9159594606464

After

10982242_10155519506255790_1223045363238

11179952_10155519507525790_2220886388492

T,

Did you do the initial work? 

I opted to leave the side of my house blank for I dread having to do any additional work. 

Yea I did all the work. I inherited a jungle of weeds when I moved in. The house was vacant for 10 months from November 2011 to September 2012 when I bought it. I've been doing projects over time. First year I ripped down half the deck, cut down a tree, did some more weed removal. 

I bought a new lawn mower this year and hired a yard service.

Roundup-Weed-_-Grass-Killer-Concentrate-

This for sure... I need to move to where the yard is stones and cactus...

Nice job on the side garden Tom... Just finished putting out 13 yards of mulch and my back knows it...

• Like 1

Yea I did all the work. I inherited a jungle of weeds when I moved in. The hose was vacant for 10 months from November 2011 to September 2012 when I bought it. I've been doing projects over time. First year I ripped down half the deck, cut down a tree, did some more weed removal. 

Same issue here. I bought a foreclosure several years ago that I'm still trying to get done. I don't regret it though, I learned a lot.

Same issue here. I bought a foreclosure several years ago that I'm still trying to get done. I don't regret it though, I learned a lot.

My house was bank owned. The bank had a contractor go in, paint, replace all carpets, replace the faucets, and do some landscaping in the front. I didn't have to do anything except the yard. Though I did the shop electrical, gas line to the kitchen, and some electrical for recessed TV electrical boxes and HDMI cables.

Tom, looks nice.  There side yard looks like it might be a nice place for some raised vegetable beds.  We are re-doing our whole back yard this year. we need to put in all drip irrigation because of the drought, which I was planning on anyway.  Thats the only way that we can water anything that we put in moving forward.