In honor of Mother's Day

Coop

Days of old.  I am like Steve.  Back in 1967 in the ninth grade I got punched in the gut by a teacher for some "no good" I was up to.  Now a days the kid would run home to their parents.  If I had run home to my parents I would have gotten it all over again... I kept my mouth shut when I got home,  I was wrong but I wasn't stupid.

I grew up in the 40's and 50's... Life was better then, and you always knew where you stood, in school, in the neighborhood, and at home.... There was no such thing as spare the rod or time out.. You got your ass whipped, and you never did it again... Till you were an adult! Then you really weren't!  What this country needs is more parental ass whipping and less time out!

• Like 2

I grew up in the 40's and 50's... Life was better then, and you always knew where you stood, in school, in the neighborhood, and at home.... There was no such thing as spare the rod or time out.. You got your ass whipped, and you never did it again... Till you were an adult! Then you really weren't! What this country needs is more parental ass whipping and less time out!

I grew up in the 80's and 90's and got my share of ass whoopings, and a few extra cause dad was a perfectionist :D I do remember the one time I thought I was really going to get beat, I played a stupid prank at school, that apparently was illegal??? Well when I get home and tell dad how I got the backseat view of a police car I was ready to block the punch and duck, what's the old man do??? Almost falls over laughing and calls me a dumbass!

Try having a single mom raising you that works for the city! The cops knew me. The fire dept knew me. Plus they had a scanner in their office. I was whooped before I ever got home! My mom ruled with a heavy hand but my moral compass is always pointed in the right direction because of it.