I think my wife's gone crazy

Brendon_t

In a very cool way. over the last few weeks, my wife has been planning her yearly, girls away vacation with her best friend, vacation. This is something they look forward to every year. Well, in the wake of the Nepal disaster, they decided they wanted to go there instead to volunteer. Well, long story short, very few relief agencies are allowing civilian volunteer into the area yet but that still didn't sway them. Both my wife and her best Friend are in school to be NICU nurses and they were asked to come to Guatemala instead to help in the thousands of orphanages. Well, they signed the docs today to go. What wife chooses orphanages over fiji?
BTW, they have set up a go fund me page to help with fundraising (at the urging of the humanitarian company they are working with). If you would like to see the page or help out. Please pm me. I can shoot you a link.

• Like 2

I think that is totally awesome of your wife and her friend. Not crazy at all. You hear about tragedies like Nepal and a lot of people respond by making donations but sometimes we forget just how good we have things here in this country and how many millions of people life "tragic" lives everyday with no media coverage, no worldwide awareness, no hope in sight. Your wife must be a very strong and compassionate person to want to work in a NICU. You should be proud of her. 

Thanks guys. Yes, my wife is a very strong person. We are involved with a few small local charities and regularly give to others but she just feels like being there is the best way she can give to children in need. I think her exact words were "I want to to rock and sing a baby to sleep that is used to putting itself to sleep"